Founded in 1987, on Roosevelt Avenue in the vibrant heart of Jackson Heights and then expanding into the Bronx, the law firm of Peña & Kahn has grown to be one of the most respected law firms in New York City. Pena & Kahn fights for the rights of everyday citizens like you who have been unjustly injured due to the negligence of others.
Strengthened by our reputation in the community among our clients, our colleagues, and in the courthouse, Pena & Kahn has become one of the most successful and well known law firms in the region. With 17 attorneys on our staff as well as 40 other staff members we have the necessary combination of experience, tenacity and compassion needed to fight for your rights. The firm is one of New York's leading personal injury litigation groups today, with three offices to serve clients across the region.
Our firm was founded by Jesus J. Peña who has earned a reputation as being a relentless advocate for those in need of a voice in our legal system. His skill and knowledge of the law have been demonstrated over the years from his countless appearances on television, radio and in newspaper as a legal expert, and from some of the famous cases he has handled over his career.
Jesus Peña brought Steven Kahn on to his team in 1998 because of his success and deep understanding of the area of personal injury litigation. Beyond Steven Kahn's skills in the courtroom, Jesus Pena saw that they shared a common vision: to build a law firm dedicated to the legal needs of the community with a legal team that could speak the language of its clientele.
Our mission at Peña & Kahn, PLLC, is to obtain compensation for people who have been seriously harmed through the negligence of others.
Turning Slip-and-Fall and Other Claims Into Healing Restitution
Peña & Kahn takes almost every kind of case in which people are injured:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Whether you were in a car, a bus or a truck, on a motorcycle or a bicycle, or just walking down the street, we represent clients who have been injured in any type of transportation accident.
- Construction and Workplace Accidents: Where a worker is injured at a construction site falling from a ladder a roof or a scaffolding, or other worksite injury
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Where a person is injured on another party’s premises
- Medical Malpractice: Where a health care provider’s care has failed to meet accepted standards by failing to diagnose a serious illness, or failing to follow proper medical procedures
- Defective Product Cases: Where a products failure leads to serious injury. This includes defective products such as dangerous toys, improperly designed machinery harmful prescription drugs, electrical appliances, power tools and automobiles
- Other Personal Injury Claims: We also handle many other types of personal injury claims, including injuries sustained in schools, nursing homes and day care centers, injuries resulting from assaults and abuse, devastating injuries sustained as a result of a drunk driver as well as brain injuries and birth trauma.
- Peña & Kahn is also experienced in the area Aviation Law. Our firm successfully represented families of victims of American Airlines flight 587 which crashed in Belle Harbor New York shortly after take off from J.F.K. airport on November 12, 2001. Aviation litigation involves complex legal issues and it is important to have a lawyer who understands those issues.
We stand up for people of every age and in every situation, from a baby harmed during a birth trauma to a grandfather suffering daily abuse in a nursing facility. In the case of wrongful death suits, we represent the families of those who perish from their injuries.
Personal Injury Lawyers in the Bronx and Queens Since 1987
Personal injury might be called The People's Law, because it is one of the few ways in which everyday people can stand face to face with large insurance carriers and demand — and receive — compensation for wrongs done to them.
Under the law, if you are injured as a result of someone's negligence, you are entitled to be compensated for your pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost earnings.
Car Accident Lawyers Who Win for Clients in Queens and the Bronx
It is important to know that Peña & Kahn, PLLC, works for you on a contingency basis. This means you pay us nothing until we produce a positive result for you.
New York City Immigration Attorneys
Our Immigration department has helped reunite thousands of families and has helped thousands of clients who immigrated to the United States achieve the American dream.
Our Bankruptcy department has helped thousands of consumers who were overwhelmed by mounting bills to eliminate their debt and get the fresh start that the United States bankruptcy law provides.
Criminal Law Attorneys in New York
Our Criminal law department has helped those charged with a crime navigate the criminal justice system and protected them from overzealous prosecutors and abusive police tactics.
Whether you have been injured in accident, are seeking an immigrant visa, looking to file for bankruptcy or divorce or are charged with a criminal offense, our attorneys can assist you with your legal needs. At Peña & Kahn, PLLC we personally evaluate every case, and conduct our own investigations in order to obtain important evidence, documentation, testimony, and information to use on your behalf. When you retain the services of our firm, our attorneys will keep you up‑to‑date on all new developments regarding your case. In addition, we are dedicated to protecting your best interest, and making sure your case is handled in a professional and timely manner.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of someone else, our attorneys may be able to obtain compensation for you. Call us, or use this online e-mail form.
1250 Waters Place
557 Grand Concourse
88-19 Roosevelt Avenue